- To advance and defend the interest of workers in all matters of mutual interest between themselves and their employers in order to improve the standard of living of union members, workers and the working class in general.
- To advance and defend union members and workers’ employment along with their socio-economic rights and interests.
To promote and defend the socio-economic interests of union members, workers and the working class.
- To defend and help union members resist unfair labour practises and dismissals.
- To promote job security for union members and workers by advocating for job creation programmes and resisting dismissals for operational reasons.
- To eradicate all forms of unfair discrimination in the workplace and society that are based on grounds including but not limited to race, gender, sex, ethnicity, social origin, colour, birth, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, religion, culture or political opinion.
- To build and maintain a democratic worker controlled union based on non-racialism, non-tribalism, non-sexism, non-homophobic and non-xenophobic principles.
To promote democracy and worker control in the union by encouraging members, shop stewards, officials and office bearers to work in an accountable and responsible manner.